Star Wars Nite: Bowie Baysox 24 July 2010

For questions about other stuff like appearance requests, charity, etc.

Moderators: shadowscout, Moderators

Eire Reborn
Cadet

Star Wars Nite: Bowie Baysox 24 July 2010

Postby Eire Reborn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am

All,

I would like to thank you all greatly for what you do, that pretty much sums up the entire post.

The Star Wars nite at the Bowie Baysox game was great! Couldnt have asked for nicer more polite folks from your ranks (not sure if some folks from Tyranus came up or not). I got a couple pics of myself with Darth/4 TKs and Boba/Imperial Officer. I have to admit I am a huge Boba fan and that costume was amazing. I was pointing out to my friend and g/f the unique details for the Boba costume that were so spot on it was unreal. This is not to say that the other costumes were any less detailed, just that one definitely stuck out in my mind. (I'd like to call special attention to the Scout Trooper, looked great! I have tinkered with the idea of doing a TB/TI/TA costume by the end of the year). The Jawas were hilarious too.

The look on the kid's faces and the high fives they were handing out to you all, as well as the Jedi Guardian folks, was just too cute and very heartwarming. I realize you all do this on your time and donate many many hours to charities, parties, costuming, etc... and it's well worth all the effort to see the reactions from the kids (and adults alike) for when you all come out. I want to close with a big thank you, and a promise that I hope to have an outfit done by the end of the year to help any way I can in the future for the garrison. (I am a little too small to be a TK, har har, 5'5" 135lbs)

Thanks as always for your support to the local community and to the Star Wars fans in general.

Cheers,

-Brian
TK9582
Trooper

Re: Star Wars Nite: Bowie Baysox 24 July 2010

Postby TK9582 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks for you kind note, Brian. We had fun despite the heat and the looks on the kids faces is why we do it.
Clark Oliver, Renowned Artist
Thumper
Trooper

Postby Thumper » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 am

Brian - Thanks for the kind words on the Garrison. Everyone worked hard to put together a great night and its good to see the hard work paid off and you enjoyed yourself.

As for creating a costume, you've come to the right place. We can certainly point you in the right direction and welcome you into the group when complete, be it OLG or Tyranus. In the meantime, take a few minutes to introduce yourself to the membership, let us know where you are coming from, and let's get you suited up and ready to troop.
Mark Switzer
TB/TI/TK
for Heidi
Mara Jen
Cadet

Postby Mara Jen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:25 pm

I heard that there is a Flickr account where I can view some pics from the Star Wars night at the Baysox game. Does anyone know the name of the Flickr account?

Jenny
Thumper
Trooper

Postby Thumper » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:33 pm

This is our Flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldlinegarrison/

You can view photos here of many events. Only the few I snapped are up right now; we are still waiting on photos from Charlie and our guest photographers.
Mark Switzer
TB/TI/TK
for Heidi
Mara Jen
Cadet

Postby Mara Jen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:45 am

That's fantastic! Thank you Mark :D
JediSquirrel

Postby JediSquirrel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Heres the Video ofthe 1st pitch