Appearance Request for Baltimore or Southern MD Comic Con

For questions about other stuff like appearance requests, charity, etc.

Moderators: shadowscout, Moderators

bmsrod
Cadet

Appearance Request for Baltimore or Southern MD Comic Con

Postby bmsrod » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm not sure of the protocol for making a request, but here goes. Blue Milk Special would like to invite our friends, the Old Line Garrison, to join us at either Baltimore Comic Con (September 7-8), or MORE likely Southern MD Comic Con (November 9th). We will be at both shows, but I don't know the current arrangements for you guys and BCC.

I don't know if the organizers for either Baltimore Comic Con (Marc Nathan) or Southern MD Comic Con (Ben Penrod), have reached out to invite you to either event, but I know nothing happened at Annapolis Comic Con. It's my understanding that we could invite you guys to help make sure neither event overlooks you. But I can say personally that Leanne and I would really like you guys to be able to make it a troop event and possibly collaborate on fundraising and some fun joint BMS events. I'm investigating the possibility of setting up a fund for charity, as I understand you guys support other charities rather than manage one yourselves. I've heard about your Nerf gun shoot outs, maybe we can throw around some ideas.

Let me know what you think. I think between our resources, we can do something great, not only for attendees, but for a good cause.
Rod Hannah
Dragon-Fett
Reserve

Re: Appearance Request for Baltimore or Southern MD Comic Co

Postby Dragon-Fett » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:16 am

Hey Rod, contact me at Olgevents@yahoo.com that's where the event stuff goes. We'll work out the details. Also, you can always go to 501st.com, in the upper right corner click "Contact" then "Request an appearance" Just an FYI.
Talk soon
Rob

* Email corrected to reflect the proper address*
Rob Davis
aka Rob Fett
BH/SL 1346
bmsrod
Cadet

Postby bmsrod » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:30 am

Yeah, I thought I'd start the conversation here since I wasn't sure what was already happening with these two large geek events in MD this year. I'll shoot an email.
Rod Hannah
Dragon-Fett
Reserve

Postby Dragon-Fett » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:49 am

No problem, discuss as you wish.
Rob Davis
aka Rob Fett
BH/SL 1346
bmsrod
Cadet

Postby bmsrod » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:56 am

The Olgevent@yahoo.com email bounced back to me.

The error that the other server returned was:
554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (olgevent@yahoo.com) [0] - mta1504.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
Rod Hannah
Dragon-Fett
Reserve

Postby Dragon-Fett » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 am

My Bad, It's olgevents@yahoo.com events with an "S".
Rob Davis
aka Rob Fett
BH/SL 1346
Hooray4RayRay
Trooper

Postby Hooray4RayRay » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Been dying to get this damned Blast-A-Trooper game off the ground, and a Comic-Con is the best place to do it.
Ray Rogers
TKID 8380
Old Line Garrison - 501st Legion 'Vader's Fist'

Double-0-Slevin
501st Member

Postby Double-0-Slevin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 am

I have some experience with Nerf guns (I used to work at Toys R Us and have a huge collection back in Hawaii) and I helped set up a Blast-A-Trooper event with the Pacific Outpost before I left, so I'd be more than happy to help if it happens at Baltimore Comic-Con.
-Christian Evangelista
ID 86007
Garrison Tyranus
Imperial Staff Officer | ISB Officer | TIE Pilot Reserve​​​​​​​ | Warrant Officer | Imperial Bridge Crew
Hooray4RayRay
Trooper

Postby Hooray4RayRay » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:36 am

Slevin wrote:I have some experience with Nerf guns (I used to work at Toys R Us and have a huge collection back in Hawaii) and I helped set up a Blast-A-Trooper event with the Pacific Outpost before I left, so I'd be more than happy to help if it happens at Baltimore Comic-Con.

Sounds good. At this point, all we really need is a broom and long-handled dustpan to collect darts, and we can always use more darts. We have maybe 700 N-Strike Clip System darts right now, and 6 Vulcan ammo belts, fully-loaded.

We may very soon want to work on building a collapsible frame on which to hang our Tantive backdrop, as well.
Ray Rogers
TKID 8380

Vult Tavik
Reserve

Postby Vult Tavik » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Hooray4RayRay wrote:Been dying to get this damned Blast-A-Trooper game off the ground, and a Comic-Con is the best place to do it.

Yes, it was a big hit a Philly Comic Con. I am definitely planing to do Baltimore Comic Con (hopefully as Boba chasing my buddy as Han).
Hank Askin
BH 10077 Jango Fett
IN 2452
Captain

Postby IN 2452 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:02 am

Are we going to do Baltimore Comic Con this year after lasts years boycot and problems with the Comic Con people. The blast a trooper would be a good fund rasier there is we can get the space for it. Any word from them or our command staff on this.
Dan Rodriguez
IN/IC/TI/TK/GM/ID/TA/CT/TX/TR 2452
Legion Commanding Officer
Retired Legion Captain of the Guard (2 Years)
CO 53rd FAC
Galactic Marine Expert Blizzard Force
Hooray4RayRay
Trooper

Postby Hooray4RayRay » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 am

IN 2452 wrote:Any word from them or our command staff on this.

We are waiting on more information from the event organizer. Rod has mentioned that the BCC has a reputation of being very cold and dismissive to the artists and panelists, much less us. So if those organizers decide to play ball and we can get it done, we will know very soon.
Ray Rogers
TKID 8380

IN 2452
Captain

Postby IN 2452 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:37 am

Remember what happened with last year, te whole "We do security thing", I would love to go this year, and I thing blast a troop wold be a huge success there, but dont want to have the crap we ran into last year, we had done BCC for so many years and had alot of fun, and was confused by thier actions last year.
Dan Rodriguez
CO 53rd FAC
Hooray4RayRay
Trooper

Postby Hooray4RayRay » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:31 am

IN 2452 wrote:Remember what happened with last year, te whole "We do security thing", I would love to go this year, and I thing blast a troop wold be a huge success there, but dont want to have the crap we ran into last year, we had done BCC for so many years and had alot of fun, and was confused by thier actions last year.

Rest assured, we will not be trooping there if it is required of us to perform security duty of any kind, in-costume or not. That's a huge liability.

The deal that was proposed to us last year was that we either work security and 'earn' our free passes, or we could have free admission by appearing there in a charity capacity, setting up a charity function of some sort. We tried to get this off the ground, but we were given an unsuitable corner location of the lobby to use, and we did not have enough help from the garrison with the Shoot A Trooper game donations at that time to pull it off anyway. So 2012 was a no-go.

This year, if we can do a charity function at BCC and do it full-donkey, we will be there. But it's all going to depend on their people giving us the time and space, and our people giving it the effort.
Ray Rogers
TKID 8380

IN 2452
Captain

Postby IN 2452 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Okay Ray, I am in if its a go!
Dan Rodriguez
CO 53rd FAC