Gaming Get-Together?

For questions about other stuff like appearance requests, charity, etc.

Moderators: shadowscout, Moderators

bcslaski
Cadet

Gaming Get-Together?

Postby bcslaski » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Firstly, I was unsure where to put this and Miscellaneous seemed fitting. I hope this is cool.

Secondly, I was able to help out at the Collectors Con troop and had a blast. I have my snowtrooper armor on order and want to try to get to know everybody as well as I can as I wait for it to show up. Not having a car (and not having a license even), I will likely miss more troops than I'd care to, which would limit getting to know my garrison. So I'd like to offer the idea of a nerdy gaming night get-together kind of shindig thing, should anyone be up for that.

I get that not all nerdy/geeky hobbies cross over, but the thing that ties us all together here is Star Wars, and there are plenty of SW related games out there that a number of us could conceivably have fun doing that. From Star Wars Trivial Pursuit to the new Star Wars RPG (Edge of the Empire, which, incidentally, I run for my gaming group every other week), there are games to be played for everybody if it's planned properly.

At the very least, I'd gladly offer to run an Edge of the Empire game, whatever the frequency, for anyone interested in playing. I know we're all kind of spread out, and my home is too small for gaming (which would requite another location people would need to be able to get to...including me), but I just wanted to kind of say, "Hey, I'd like to get to know you guys more, and if I have to make up a story so you can make pretend like you're fringers trying to scrape by in the outer rim then I'm cool with doing that."

Disclaimer: I am on 3 hours of sleep and just got off a 2 hour call at work so my brain is weird. Disregard my awkwardness.
Brian Slaski
Baltimore, MD
Hooray4RayRay
Trooper

Re: Gaming Get-Together?

Postby Hooray4RayRay » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Sounds cool, man. I have a sizeable X-Wing Miniatures Game collection and like to play whenever I can. I also just picked up he Star Wars Living Card Game and I'm looking for someone to try it out with.
Ray Rogers
TKID 8380
Old Line Garrison - 501st Legion 'Vader's Fist'

TK4108
Captain

Postby TK4108 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 pm

I've just started my X-Wing collection. I need a lot more practice...
Matthew Morley / TK/TI/IC-4108 / Singapore Garrison / 501st Legion / Kilted Trooper Brigade
bcslaski
Cadet

Postby bcslaski » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Bonus. So there is at least a little interest. I will try to get some sort of planning happening after the new year and maybe some of us can get together and be giant Star Wars nerds. :)
Brian Slaski
Baltimore, MD
shadowscout
Site Admin

Postby shadowscout » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:04 pm

bcslaski wrote:Bonus. So there is at least a little interest. I will try to get some sort of planning happening after the new year and maybe some of us can get together and be giant Star Wars nerds. :)

:cheers1
-=Bry White=-
CB/TA/TI/SL/ID-6749
OLG Forum Admin/DLFA
Ol' Garda 76ers/104 IFS "Warhogs"/29thART
Trooping since 2003 (MD Squad), First 25
Hooray4RayRay
Trooper

Postby Hooray4RayRay » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:33 pm

SL-6749 wrote:
bcslaski wrote:Bonus. So there is at least a little interest. I will try to get some sort of planning happening after the new year and maybe some of us can get together and be giant Star Wars nerds. :)

:cheers1

:jawa4
Ray Rogers
TKID 8380
Old Line Garrison - 501st Legion 'Vader's Fist'

zenix
Trooper

Postby zenix » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:08 pm

I've got a space available in the city with a nice large table and a keggerator. I'm free weekends next month! jan 3-6 is MaGFest though, so i might go to that. you should too! I've been busy all month this month with www.bmore3d.com and come to that while you still have the chance! We'll 3d scan your face and will be able to put it on a 3dprinted minifig for ya
TI1938
Eternal Legionaire

Postby TI1938 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Games and Stuff has lots of space in the back game room (unless there is a big event, usually on a Saturday). We also have X-Wing Miniatures every Wednesday night. It's a good group that comes out and there is lots of space.

Oh, and we never charge for the use of play space.
Heidi

Make Your Own Fun.
bcslaski
Cadet

Postby bcslaski » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:35 am

Well as a non driver I can actually be cool with both a space in the city and Games & Stuff. I am IN the city, so the city space is super cool by me, and G&S is at the end of the Southbound lightrail, so providing I can still get it back home I think I can swing that as well. I haven't gotten into much of the X-Wing stuff myself, but that's because as a former Magic: The Gathering addict I've sworn off collectible gaming stuff for the most part, and especially some of the miniatures games that have, like, a 15 BILLION percent markup on their items. Totally keen on playing it though. :)
Brian Slaski
Baltimore, MD
bwise
Cadet

Postby bwise » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Gonna bump this, because I'd love to give Edge a whirl. Also, I'd be happy to give you a ride to any troop I wind up going to. Right now, so far, that's the FCBD at Third Eye in Annapolis, DC 4th of July Parade, and Air and Scare (can't remember when that is, but in Oct some time.) Any other troops I do will be dependent on how quickly I can at least get my IC together.
Brian Wise, USCG
"That'll be very difficult, sir."
"Does that mean you can't do it?"
"Sir, we do the impossible on a daily basis. 'Very difficult' means it'll be a piece of cake."
bcslaski
Cadet

Postby bcslaski » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:58 pm

bwise wrote:Gonna bump this, because I'd love to give Edge a whirl. Also, I'd be happy to give you a ride to any troop I wind up going to. Right now, so far, that's the FCBD at Third Eye in Annapolis, DC 4th of July Parade, and Air and Scare (can't remember when that is, but in Oct some time.) Any other troops I do will be dependent on how quickly I can at least get my IC together.

Where do you live? I am more than willing to run an Edge of the Empire game separate from my regular game (I've got 6 players in there already) if I can find enough people interested. I certainly wouldn't turn down a lift to places. Right now for Third Eye my plan is to meet Shep at a lightrail stop, but if you're going and are willing to give me a lift then I can save Shep the trouble of going out of his way to grab me.
Brian Slaski
Baltimore, MD
bwise
Cadet

Postby bwise » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:11 am

Where do you live? I am more than willing to run an Edge of the Empire game separate from my regular game (I've got 6 players in there already) if I can find enough people interested. I certainly wouldn't turn down a lift to places. Right now for Third Eye my plan is to meet Shep at a lightrail stop, but if you're going and are willing to give me a lift then I can save Shep the trouble of going out of his way to grab me.

I'm out at Ft Meade. Not sure how far Shep is going out of his way, or where the nearest lightrail station is to me. The only thing I know of for certain would be the MARC station at BWI; it's right around the corner from me.
Brian Wise, USCG
"Sir, we do the impossible on a daily basis. 'Very difficult' means it'll be a piece of cake."
TR2101
Executive Officer

Postby TR2101 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:17 am

I am coming from Shady Side which is south of Annapolis so if you want to grab Brian S. for FCBD at 3rd Eye that is fine by me.
Allen "Shep" Shepherd
TR - IC - TI - IN - IG 2101
Sovereign Protector - Jolly Rogers Squadron - Imperial Officer Corp. - Imperial Gunner
ImageXO by Allen Shepherd, on Flickr
bcslaski
Cadet

Postby bcslaski » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:37 am

I think Team Brian works out, Shep, because that will save you a lot of trouble. I will take this to PMs to not clutter the board.

That said, at FCBD I will talk to anybody that wants to hear it about getting a semi-regular Edge of the Empire game going.
Brian Slaski
Baltimore, MD
bwise
Cadet

Postby bwise » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 am

Yeah, Shep, that's a haul for you to come all the way up to Bmore and then back down to Annapolis. It'll be a lot easier for me.
Brian Wise, USCG