Met Old Line Admins at Philly

For questions about other stuff like appearance requests, charity, etc.

Moderators: shadowscout, Moderators

501st Member

Met Old Line Admins at Philly

Postby Vantora » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:48 pm

I've been trying to get into the 501st for a couple of years now, but with college and life sending me in different directions, it has all but become a null priority. The 501st has never left my thoughts, however, and though I haven't the time or money to tweak my costume and get it 501st approved, it hasn't stopped me from wearing it and entertaining at conventions.

My time here at the Wizard World Con in Philly is almost up, but I did manage to meet Allen W Shepherd and Eric Grubb today, CO and XO of Old Line. They were extremely kind and helpful, and have somewhat rekindled my eagerness to become a trooper. Since I'm a good ways away from any known 501st member, I'd been having trouble knowing where exactly to start with building my Stormtrooper armor. (I have a Jawa in the making, but my real goal is a Stormtrooper, not that Jawas aren't awesome.) Shep and Eric helped point me in the right direction, namely to nearby armor parties that I wasn't sure I was invited to.

Even though the 501st didn't have a booth there this year, it's good to see soon-to-be-fellow troopers still getting out there and letting themselves be known. Thanks guys for all your help!

Kristina Miller
ANH Stunt Hopeful
Merchandise Officer

Re: Met Old Line Admins at Philly

Postby Grubbzilla » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 am

It was great meeting you in line to meet Sebastian Stan. It's unfortunate that your on the eastern shore but that's something we can work around :)
Eric the Grubb
Mint Julep Squad
ID/IS/TB/IC 3294

Re: Met Old Line Admins at Philly

Postby Fettski » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:22 pm

My email is please feel free to ask me any questions there or on a thread in the forum. Please let us know what parts you have already if any. If you need other help the Jawa, head over to
If you havent already been to White, head to for Stormtrooper help.
Jason aka Ski
Mandalorian Merc Clan Leader